Saturday 3 September 2016

Changing season


Autumn is here. It doesn't seem like summer was around for very long.

As I left the house I noticed an extra chill in the air. One that started to numb my fingers as the speed built up on the first decent. It's still t-shirt and shorts weather though. But for how much longer?


I was cycling on my own this morning. So I chose somewhere I hadn't visited for a while. Godstone Green.

I took the pictures above and sat chilling out. The ride there only has one major climb. The ride home was much harder. Shortly after leaving Godstone there is a long hard climb. The ride back to Woldingham after this climb is a rolling lane through the woods. After that it's a bit more urban to Whyteleafe. One more hard climb up Burntwood Lane and I'm nearly home. Just under 16 miles. Not a big distance but I'm home in time to start a busy day.

For more of my work, go to my Facebook page.
and 



1 comment:

  1. It's been a long, long time since we rode to Godstone Green, mainly because of bike hassles, mainly the gears. I'm hoping tomorrow will be fine, ie not raining like today (Saturday 3rd September). Weather permitting, I'll see you on the green.

    ReplyDelete